Week of December 18, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

open mind

thanks wings for posting my sample.yo zonq thanks for the probs.lets do this!

just finished my flip.here we go its called:
"Whatup Sucka?!"

O

open mind

mercurywaters: very fluid chops i like it.crazy percussion sound fits well.bassline is also cool but i would chose a diffrent more natural bass sound.sample could be bit louder in the mix.overall well done!

Young Qyu

ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
wow, where did u find that song....apparently turkey music i think (googled it)....

anywas, open mind, sounds decent, a little plain, kinda too choppy.
mercury, i like the heavy vibe, it knocks, but nothing from the sample really stands out to me that makes it special.

this song has an awesome progression in it that i think can be taken full advantage of. its catchy in itself and if it can be sampled while retaining that element, should have one bad ass beat.

i wish i didnt have finals right now, i'd jump on this. i'll just hold out til next week.

good shit fellas

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
merc that shit is bangin .. them heavy synths are whats up fo sho

open mind - creative flip fo sho .. u flipped it so the beat is talking shit shit lol ... i think it sounds kinda choppy ... like un smoth .. a creative flip fo sho

did a quick flip

https://www.illmuzik.com/vip/ashholmz_arabianmarch.m3u

O

open mind

ash holmz: i like your chops and the brass melody u added. in the verse part i missed some more present bassline instead of the sub u got there.i like the drumpattern u got but the drum samples are to clean it doesnt fit dust em up!

J

jjjden

hey, what's up everyone, i am new here. The sample is dope man, i'll see what i can do wit it. i'll post some of my reviews later.

Peace

Elementree

Musical Wizardry
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 8
hey wings,

are all members of illmuzik given the oppurtunity to provide samples for flippage? is there a signup or somethin for it. i got a couple i think would be fun. Thanks

Tree

Yo,

This is my first sample flippage ever guys so dont be that hard on me!! lol

I flipped it on a little westcoast vibe for some reason. anyway heres mine

Illmuzik Flippage- www.soundclick.com/elementreebeats

Appreciate the feedback yall.

Open- Yo your flips were crazy on this kid but i think it needed more structure. Nice drums though def. feelin that.

Mercury- Feelin this flip too. I like the raw grimey drums too. Good feel with the low synths. Nice little turnarounds too. sweet

Ash- Im feelin this ash. i kinda took the same approach with my flip a little composing and a little flipping. Im really feelin this one. nice turnaround

Scandal- didnt know it was even the same song. nice flippage and drums and griminess. feelin those moogs in the back too.

bon- This is fire as well. I like the little flips and the vocal samples are sweet too. Really feelin this alot. i dont know about the snare though. i would prefer somethin more bangin but its raw

O

open mind

mo' feedback

scandal:
nice flippin,bassline u added was nice.not sure about the synth it seems a bit out of place but creative i dont know maybe its just me.drums where perfect for the track.
also nice percussion.
==================================================
boneidle:
man what u did with the vocal sample was very nice i like that a lot.also the other chopps and changeups where crazy like a motherfucka.didnt liked the snare u had there.all in one crazy flip!
jjjden:
first of all i noticed the drums could knock much more they bit low in the mix.the chopps where great lots of changeups maybe too much but nah its crazy this needs a very skilled mc to compete with the beat.very creative beat.
TREE!
U KILLED IT great combination of composition and sample usage.my fav flip so far u killed it.u crazy ass good to hear your stuff long time no see my dude.how u doing ill hope u get ya shit right with your album and stuff.good luck with all taht.

shotgun

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
havent got to listen to everyones but i liked boneidles...nice job son

awe ya jjjden i saw u got to that Children of the Night sample like i did, you should check out the song i did with my boy Montana on my page its called "Late At Nite"

heres my flip
www.soundclick.com/seven6fivebeats

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online