The worst thing that could happen...has happened

Cam'rox

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
hey, illmuzik fam. i have some very bad news. yesterday, when i tried turned on my pc, windows wouldn't start, because it said that it was unable to determine the location of the system configuration files, after which they prompted me to reinstall windows which means that i lose everything i had including ALL OF MY MUSIC! which really sucks. and the bad thing about it is that i had just gotten 2 of those usb storage device sticks which hold 1 gig each so i was going to backup all of my files too.

from the looks of it, i think i'm going to have to rebuild my whole music production database from ground zero. but i look at it as it took my music and everything, but it didnt take my talent ;) so i'ma definitely keep making that heat! So dont expect to see me here for awhile, although i'm still gonna be djing.:)

but i just thought i'd share this w/ all of u and to remind everyone here to ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR FILES!!!!!!!! if u dont want this to happen to u.

peace.

Craig Gantt

Microphone Violator
ill o.g.
You'll be alright I bet your 10x better now than you were when you had that old stuff, its not good that you lost your files but starting from scratch might actually bring somethin out of you that you didnt know you had

M

MIKELABZ

Happens To Us All. I Make A Point To Put All My Files On To Dvd-r's Or 700mb Cd-r's...just Out Of Habit.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Damn, too bad that happened, I hope you get it all sorted out.

P.S. How many members has this happened to in the last few weeks?? This is nuts!

classic

I am proud to be southern
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 90
Im sorry to hear that man, hopefull other cats can learn from this experince

its good to have 2 hardrives on your computer ,one for your OS and programs and one just for storage. You should also back up your stuff on CD or DVD weekly . Its soo important to protect yourself. I do this and i use hardware. Rule of thumb , have 3 layers of proctection when u back stuff up.

good luck cam

class....

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
man i know exactly how you feel, it happened to me a few weeks ago but im back up now better than ever, and the most important thing like you said is it didn't take your talent and wot uve learnt thats the most important thing right there !
I think its helped in a way as you get to start a fresh and you can build from that !

Aminimity

Beatmaker
ill o.g.
Yo dont give up yet theres still a chance you could recover it!!!!!!

Find some nerd to take out the hard drive or sumptin like that.

If it is in fact all lost; then ill drink one for you, thats the breaks.

juzblazwun

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
What Windows version do you have? Sometimes you can just reinstall the OS without deleting any programs or files. I done this a few times with Win 98 and Win 2000 and it worked. If you haven't already reinstalled, try placing the OS disc in the drive and start your computer. Sometimes you may have to go into the BIOS and have it boot from the CD. If your going to reinstall and lose everything it's worth a try.

Cam'rox

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 3
juzblazwun said:
What Windows version do you have? Sometimes you can just reinstall the OS without deleting any programs or files. I done this a few times with Win 98 and Win 2000 and it worked. If you haven't already reinstalled, try placing the OS disc in the drive and start your computer. Sometimes you may have to go into the BIOS and have it boot from the CD. If your going to reinstall and lose everything it's worth a try.

Well, i haven't reinstalled yet, but i have windows 98 second edition. I found the certificate of authenticity and tried putting in the registration code, but for some reason, it told me it was invalid. Can any of u help me out here? if it is possible to boot from the cd, can someone please explain to me how to do it? I would definitely appreciate it. and i also have a winows xp cd, and i wanted to know if i could install that instead.

thanks in advance. :)

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Fade said:
Damn, too bad that happened, I hope you get it all sorted out.

P.S. How many members has this happened to in the last few weeks?? This is nuts!

it happened to me a month ago......i had them backed up....but somehow the cds were ruined.....i have no idea how this happened....so i was out of luck...

yeah u lose all your old beats.....but....if u use what u know now towards your old beats....they can become as good or better than your newer joints.....

i miss my old beats......but...its kinda cool to start fresh.....n just drop heat from the beginning........

C

Carpe Diem

Word!!! ALWAYS back up!!!

Ive learnt after losing ish 3 times!!!

ARGH!!!

members online