Sup.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @Giam and how long have you been producing?

Giam

Battle Points: 15
Hey guys! Cool usernames. Thanks for the welcome.
@Fade I was on the Mpc500 nonstop for about 4 years, then I got a hold of a Sp404sx which I've been using for about 4 years extensively then on the 1000 for about 2 years. Before that I was on the MPD and Ableton. For lofi and boombap absolutely prefer the Mpc and the Sp. I have some issues with the pads so my plan of banging out the 1000 and the sp 24/7 is gonna have to wait a little bit more.
@ArvinArmani thanks men, this place is inspiring.
Hey @OGBama, really down on it, like 15 years. All types of music and recordings.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
That's cool. I was looking at the 500 a few years ago but it just seemed so small! I got the 1000 but then sold it and got the 2500 because it was a good deal at the time, so now that's what I use. Are you using JJOS?

Giam

Battle Points: 15
That's cool. I was looking at the 500 a few years ago but it just seemed so small! I got the 1000 but then sold it and got the 2500 because it was a good deal at the time, so now that's what I use. Are you using JJOS?

No, I'm using Akai OS on the 1000.

The 500 is a cool machine, the OS makes it super easy and super fast to program "natural sounding drums". Stepping up the tuning with velocity and stuff like that. I also set up the attack and decay to mimic "real drums". I don't like the swing on it tho. And sampling and chopping is very hard cuz you have to break down the numbers to get an estimate of where the samples are, very time consuming, cuz it doesn't have a sample wave form like the rest. I have it set up as a midi drum machine, works very good in that position. I love the sound I get from it.

I been looking since long ago at the 2000xl, I think I'm getting one when I get the chance. Listening to people who use it I think the converters, sample wise and sound wise, sound best for what I want to do, and the swing on it. I was looking at the 3000 but it is so expensive.

The strong points for the 1000 I think is the sound from it, the master compressor and Eq, it has relatively good swing, and it is really easy and fast to sample, chop, and make beat after beat after beat on it. Just 2 or 3 button presses away. That's key for me. It is so fun to use and sounds dope! Bottom line for Hip Hop.

What do you like from your 2500?

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Nice! Mine came with JJOS and I love it, it's such a fast workflow given that it's an older machine. The 2500 is just a nice sized machine plus the tilt up screen is a BIG selling point for me. As for the software though, JJOS just makes everything so much better and it's crazy how he's been able to extend all the normal features and add other stuff.

members online