Showcase - July 10-16, 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

EsquireMusic111

Head of Production/Trilogy Sound Studios
Battle Points: 122

Here is my latest!!!! Enjoy!!!!

That apreggriated portion sounds like something of the old Wiz Khalifa. Like the keys and nice vibe also. 2:08 is my favorite part of the track and the reverb on the drums was live!

Last edited by a moderator:
@Marc Duncan First of all, I'm gonna say that I don't like vibes like this. Anyway, arps and pads definitely work nicely, you've got some trance-like mood going on here. Production wise the sub is too loud and with limiter on the master channel it drowns everything with it. Also, the keys that come in later fight for space with the rest of sounds, you can try to change the octaves or eq them. Hope that helps.

@EsquireMusic111 Oh, I gave you feedback somewhere else. So the same applies.

I've got some glitchy/atmospheric vibe here.

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 104
@Marc Duncan I think they call this type of stuff "inspirational trance" or something. You putting 808s on it doesn't really make it hip hop, but the song is decent.

@EsquireMusic111 The little string sounding instrument at 0:26 sounds like something off a cheap synth, which in my opinion slightly ruins the piece, but it does seem to follow the basic description of the other instruments you used to get an interesting '80s vibe.

@Mycelial_Cords Nice minimalistic vibes - the overall melody is good. I like the little vocal snippet that comes in later. The instruments make it seem "chill", but the composition hints at something a bit eerie.

@S3oulC1ty I really like how you panned some of the chops a bit harder than the rest. The track has some top notch chops as usual - I've been listening to your beats here way before I joined the forum and always had the impression that you got the sample chop method down pat and built an incredible style. Keep it up!

@O'neil I dig the latin jazz sample, but the artifacting is distracting - was the sample grabbed at a low quality or is it SoundCloud's limitations?

Here's something I worked on yesterday. I'm practicing the art of mixing beats with a cappella tracks and tried to make a weird enough backdrop for Dr. Octagon's "Blue Flowers" (the vocals sound distorted on the chorus because that's how it came out on the original file of the rip):

A.R. DASUPASTAR

A.R. DASUPASTAR

I love the thickness of the drums. Those the types of kicks I be in search for for my boom bap. Dope

@Marc Duncan and @EsquireMusic111 I definitely have respect for both of yall the way you guys master all those vst/plugins and synthesizers the way yall do, sounds like the electronic philharmonic!!!!

been a while since i posted on here but missed the community...

#bringbackthesoul

Perfect chops. You new exactly where to put the bassline. I'm am not suprised. Everytime you upload something fantastic. Welcome ba ck

@Marc Duncan First of all, I'm gonna say that I don't like vibes like this. Anyway, arps and pads definitely work nicely, you've got some trance-like mood going on here. Production wise the sub is too loud and with limiter on the master channel it drowns everything with it. Also, the keys that come in later fight for space with the rest of sounds, you can try to change the octaves or eq them. Hope that helps.

@EsquireMusic111 Oh, I gave you feedback somewhere else. So the same applies.

I've got some glitchy/atmospheric vibe here.

Dope beat!!!! The beat would be even better if you could change the melody pattern or drum pattern a lil more often

Johni Cleveland

Rhythmist, and sound Arcivist.
Battle Points: 22
My newest live beat video

here is just a cover I did of human nature I will provide feedback later today at work right now. been working on playing instruments

i like where you went with this, did you play the instruments here?

@Marc Duncan and @EsquireMusic111 I definitely have respect for both of yall the way you guys master all those vst/plugins and synthesizers the way yall do, sounds like the electronic philharmonic!!!!

been a while since i posted on here but missed the community...

#bringbackthesoul

very nice work here man, love the whole vibe.

tomkillsjerry

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 128
@EsquireMusic111 pretty dope the main instrumentation sounds a little thin maybe try adding a short decay reverb and some chorus to it. Just for some detail

@Mycelial_Cords that was low key fire. Def sounds like some old school El-p Def jux type shit.

@S3oulC1ty bro all you make is fire. Sounds like 9th Wonder himself dope af.

@Joe OK OK I see you that was dope. Nice work.

Made these in the last couple of days

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@Marc Duncan I like the sounds you used but overall wasn't really feeling the beat I mean I can tell it's well put together and the sounds you used are good but it just doesn't grab my attention.
@EsquireMusic111 I'm really feelin this one!! great riffs and dope drums to compliment
@Mycelial_Cords it's different so I respect it for that but just seems as though it is lacking something.
@S3oulC1ty Love the sample and the groove of this one keep em coming.
@O'neil This one really grabbed my attention because it sounds clean and the drums knock great work man.
@Drago Zetić I will get back to you for some reason yours won't play on my computer
@A.R. DASUPASTAR Not feeling the sample and the drums are all over the place in my opinion.
@Johni Cleveland I love your setup and video quality and nice soulful beat Yeah I played the instruments in that cover trying to improve in that area.
@Joe It's a banger man like how you arranged this one.
@tomkillsjerry All three are dope but if I had to go in order I would pick #1 When we lost it all #2 Addict #3 Bad Intentions. But great sounds as usual and good mixes.

Here is a quick beat I made a couple of hours ago

Drago Zetić

ILLIEN
@Johni Cleveland Those are some great chops. I think the drums need a bit of variety in velocity.
@tomkillsjerry "Bad Intentions" didn't really move me as far as the melody goes, but I wouldn't mind if there were some vocals on top.
"When We Lost It All" is good, the singing really fits nicely in the track.
@Matt-D The introduction doesn't mesh with the part at 0:10 at all. The echo makes it even worse. You should turn it down for the entire track because it makes it hard to listen to.
@A.R. DASUPASTAR Those samples don't gel together at all. It's a shame since some are kinda interesting (mainly the piano). The drums don't really sound good either, especially the snare and cymbal - they're completely out of place.
@Joe As the track progresses, the bass becomes distorted, so turn it down. Otherwise, it's a decent track.

Here's a native IllMuzik mirror (the SoundCloud embed doesn't work consistently on my side either):
Nothing here yet.

@Johni Cleveland Man, perfect chops. The change was unexpected but I end up liking it. Respect for doing it live. No critism from me.

@Drago Zetić I really like the vibe but I feel that the piano is clashing with the vocals. It kind of reminds me of Cage with he'd rap on lo-fi stuff. Overall, I really enjoyed the track.

@Matt-D Sounds don't work well together, drums sound low quality. There could be something done with the sample but it wasn't well executed. The chops appear random.

Sole Element

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
@Drago Zetić thanks for pointing the echo out I forgot to turn the delay off on my mixsr slot so I took it off and reposted it lol. Your track finally played. I like where you were headed with the idea but I just don't think it was laced right but not bad overall.

dBtheProducer

Autism Dad, I Use FL Studio
Battle Points: 89
sup every body its a humid day here in Virginia, letss chec these beats out.. im using a fuced up keyboard and some of the letters dont want to work so i apolgse for my spelling errors...

@Marc Duncan i lke ths beat its got a good miix between trap and club music...the arp is my favorite n this...nice electronic dance musc track this would sound dope to have someone snging over it...cool beat

@EsquireMusic111 really digginig the sounds in this...i like eletronic r&b this came out real dope...cant imagine what artist would crush this but i like the drums and the change ups they excite me

@Mycelial_Cords those drums and that wierd sound go together very well, not much change n the verse but thats ok this still sounds killer, is there a hook? nce touch wth those voices...ok i hear the hook now...cool beat man

@S3oulC1ty sounds dope thiis sounds good enough to be on a major album...expect nothing less from you dog dope beat...wsh t was longer though

@O'neil owwww...old school with the break beat love it, s that a sample or is that you playing the instruments? eiither wayi m diggiing this shit nice work

@Matt-D amazng... enjoyed this very much from a composer point of view...ths was very entertaning great work!

@A.R. DASUPASTAR not really feelng ths beat bro sorry the sample doesnt sound good chopped the way t is and the drums are kind of basic and doesnt sound good at all sorry

@Johni Cleveland amazng work brother this s a true talent you have that iii just have no clue about im a midi keyboard beat maker... @A.R. DASUPASTAR take notes cuz ths how you chop a sample bro

@Joe this got a hype ass bounce to it, how the fuc are you making beats on a cell phone dog this shit is fire! nice job!!!

@BeatsByBlack fire...this is fire no wonder it is sold...i can see the music video in my head already lol...incredible i like the way you put this together !!!

@tomkillsjerry bad intentionbs....sup homie,, nice beat its def what todays hip hop is about...your like me in a sense that you like smooth transitions in your music and have hard ass chops in the drums...this beat is dark and ominous so idk what kind of song you do to this but this is def a banger

when we lost it all...another dark emo type beat...are you a fan of the weeknd? because you produce beats that re right up his alley...that hook is so fucking dope im actially kind of blown away this is really nice man great beat

@Matt-D another beat? ugh...this better be dope...and it is!!! lol alot of dark trap beats today why everybody so down today? this change up in the beat is killer...i could hear a real dope mc killing this shit for sure great job

@Drago Zetić im loving the drums but im kind of thrown off by your chop work of thus sample, im not saying ive couldve done any better but it is a little off putting and kind of hard to hear anybody flowing to this beat...cool beat i do like this sample a whole lot

i know there are house/edm/drum n bass producers here in illmuzik, im really looking for your opinions, this is my first drum n bass instrumental ive ever made using KillZone 3 music from the playstation game...enjoy...pz

Status
Not open for further replies.