Showcase - January 7-13, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

RizzakBeats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 1
Hey @Hotfudge , nice to have you here :) I like the mood of the beat. It fits quite good to the title. I would eq the synth strings in the hook a little bit so they will be smoother. They are to harsh somehow (0:55 for example). To Get a nice lofi feeling you could also put a filter on the clap so it sounds like in the break at 1:23.

What i don't like is the pattern of the kick, at the end of the bar you hear the kick sound very kick two times (0:57)

Also what takes a little bit of quality from the beat is the plucked/bell-Synth. It plays the first note on the beat 1, the next notes are a little bit off beat. I know it's on purpose, but the melody, which is playing downwards (1:05) should be on the beat. On 1:25 you made the melody on beat and it sounds super!

This is all my opinion, hope it helps :)

Johni Cleveland

Rhythmist, and sound Arcivist.
Battle Points: 22
@Hotfudge like what you did with this one. Sounds nice on my laptop speakers. Can't really judge the mix too much since I'm not at my monitors. But I like the overall vibe and feel. I would say maybe another instrument somewhere or a bit of a switch up with the melody? Just a thought. Nice work!

@EsquireMusic111 Really dig that one very smooth and I really enjoyed the percussion. Synths were sick too. Not much else to say.

@ConspiracyMuzik This is a nice vibe. I think the drums are a bit too loud compared to the instruments. That's just how it sounds on my laptop so it could be just that. Its hard as fuck though I can see this on the radio with some more mixing work.

@K.D.R. in my honest opinion, this needs a lot of work.

Heres my latest:

Hi everyone, I hope you're doing well because I've been sick for a few days.

@ConspiracyMuzik I like the intro very much. Melody is good. That digital sounds ou used at 0:45 are also nice. They create nice variety in the melody. I also like the break at 1:16. The mix is balanced. However, I reckon that SFX/Risers that you used are a little bit too loud. But overall it's a very good production.

@Alejandro It is simple beat. The good thing is that you structured your beat in parts. However, as @Type Beats said, the bell sound is not in the key and the whole beat lacks bassline. Some variety in the melody would be also nice.

@Echo Lair Very dope beat! I love the guitar samples you used. The drums are on point and they are mixed very well. The drum pattern is also interesting. Big thumb up!

@Type Beats J.Cole X Drake- Mix is very clear as always in your case. And I really like this beat. I think it's much better than Lil Uzi Vert X Bad Bunny type beat. In the second beat I don't like the melody at all. Hihats are a bit too loud. To be honest I don't like this beat. I prefer J.Cole X Drake Type Beat.

@csbr The intro is really nice. However, the sound of the clap doesn't match the rest in my opinion. But I was like 'WTF?!" at 0:55. That moment really surprised me. I think there are too much things going on and as @Rodas said the mix is too loud.

@EsquireMusic111 I like the way you chopped the samples. The choice of sounds is also great. However at 0:23 I would add really strong 808. But overall, I like it.

@Hotfudge Welcome to the Illmuzik. :) I like the mood of your beat. It reminds me a lot about Drake style because most of his songs are created for the purpose of driving at night. I like the sound of 808 here.

@Johni Cleveland Nothing to add in my opinion. I really really like it. Very good work with samples and as I said it's a complete production.

I know that it's not EDM/Elektro forum but I want to take some break from making trap and rap beats for the purpose of trying something different. After I had a conversation with @Matt-D I felt encouraged to create some remix and I chose the song by Ed Sheeran called "Happier". I hope to get some feedback even if most of you guys don't like such things or don't do such things often. Of course I may be mistaken. ;)

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 138
@Dzhi Beats the beat sounded pretty mellow and chill. I didn’t really like the choice of hihats. I thought the hihats could be different in my opinion. Overall the flow of the beat sounded good. Had my head nodding. Kept me interested. I liked the hard sub bass. Maybe work on the structure of beat better.

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 138
Guess ill start off... I took a lil hiatus to improve mind and body for the new year. Music has improved as well. Im coming for you all this year. lmao... Check out one of the new tunes... Appreciate it.

Yo @ConspiracyMuzik i like the dark vibe to it. Wasn’t really feeling the flute you had in it. Also the fox rose I thought was a bit too loud on my end. Overall though.. dope beat !

This is my first beat I have posted on the website great privilege to be apart of this community please let me know what you guys think!!!

@Dzhi Beats the beat sounded pretty mellow and chill. I didn’t really like the choice of hihats. I thought the hihats could be different in my opinion. Overall the flow of the beat sounded good. Had my head nodding. Kept me interested. I liked the hard sub bass. Maybe work on the structure of beat better.
Thanks for the feedback! I get what you mean regarding the hi hats.

Juneau

@Juneau Before
If these are your beginnings with music production as you stated in your introduction then I would like to say these are very good beginnings. :D Although the sounds you used are too dry and not very human for me ( piano at the beginning requires work with the velocity and the attack, plucks from 0:59 to 1:26 are too simple and basic for me) and the mix requires some work to be done; the arrangement and ideas you put into your beat and some of the techniques you used are really good. For example that build up at 0:49 (but that guitar sounds in the background are too quiet for me, I would bring them to the front of the track). The drums are also on point and the structure of the beat is nice. As I mentioned, you should work on your mixing skills but if these are your beginnings then I'm sure you are going to make a huge progress in the future and you are going to bring very good music. Keep doing your thing. :)

Type Beats

@Memento Beats
Thanks for the feedback! Your right about the hats I think, I will adjust the volume! I think the melody is a matter of taste. But maybe i need to mix the glockenspiel a bit better, it has to much high shelve i think

@Rodas
Thanks for the feedback! I will try to put a extra synth in to make some variations and maybe some automations with lowpass filter etc... And about the length, on 1 side i want the beats to be long enough for people to write on it while the are on youtube, on the other hand you are right. Maybe with some extra variations it doenst feel that long. Making them shorter will also make the render time shorter, so definitely something to think bout for me.

Type Beats

@CB Reelz
That beat is dope. The bass is nice, good notes etc. But i think it could have some more pump or sub in it. If you have Wavebundle, try experimenting with the JJP, it has lots of dope presets. Im not a big fan of the snares the way they are now.. The placement and timing of the snares are dope but they sound kind of dry, try putting a chorus on one of your send channels and send the snares and claps (and maybe also the hihats) to the chorus channel. I would also advice you to put some extra reverb over the claps and snares.

Type Beats

@EsquireMusic111
This beat is nice bro, good vibes.. I really like what you did with the vocal chops also. Good drum rythms. But I kind of miss a sub in the bass.. Maybe try to put those notes a octave lower of use some multiband eq'ing of compressing on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online

No members online now.