Showcase - January 7-13, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alejandro

AleVFX
@ConspiracyMuzik it is very good and the melody is very catchy. The only thing is that at nearly 1:13 or something like that where there is the synth effect I would put something else on like a synth bass and continue with the beat instead of stopping it.

Alejandro

AleVFX
Here there is one of the beat I'm working on. I made it in an hour and a half so it could be improved. This is just a basic arrangement.

Echo Lair

Aloha!
Here is a beat I have been working on during the first days of the new year. I found a handful of cool guitar licks and added my own beat and a bass groove.

@ConspiracyMuzik Really like the vibes and sound scapes, pads, ... . for my taste the kick and snare could be a bit more in the front.
@Alejandro good pounding kick. sounds dark. maybe add some rises / drops for transistions.

Type Beats

Battle Points: 1
@ConspiracyMuzik
Dope beat bro! I would reduce the sounds of your snare drums and fx and rise sounds, they are a little loud compared to the rest. But besides that its dope broski

@Alejandro
The melody is nice man. I just dont like the snare sample you used, doesnt match the rest of the beat if you asked me.. The church bell is the wrong note also. If you added a dope bassline your beat will be much better i think.

@Echo Lair
Dope vibe, could here some eric b & rakim kind of stuff on this. Some sounds are a bit dusty but I think you did that on purpose, it matches the style

csbr

Gardener
Battle Points: 11
@ConspiracyMuzik Love that intro so much.. And the beat that follows. I like the dark vibe. I think the levels could be adjusted on the snares slightly to make them sit a little better, or maybe just some different processing (room verb or something). But maybe ~1-2db softer and they woulda fit a lot better. But its not bad as is, and that could just be my listening gear. I agree slightly with Alejandro but I don't think that you needed to keep the beat going, but maybe a couple more elements or something added to the transition coulda helped glue it together more. But overall I really enjoyed it! Love the darkness of the mix and the ambiance the whole thing held.

@Echo Lair Althought not entirely my style (I would have enjoyed some extra melodies or something on top there!) but I really enjoyed the complexity of the drum breaks and the vibe. I think the mix sounded very clean, the dustiness definitely added to the motif. And agree about the Eric B & Rakim or some kind of older rap vibe on this (then it would probably be more my style with the extra vocal melodies/verses on top haha).

csbr

Gardener
Here's mine:

Been awhile but I finally made another release;

I like the outcome on this one,
Feel free to let me know what you think:

Any & all support is appreciated [and returned where warranted],

Thank you for checking it out, enjoy.

peace.

Last edited:

TinyMargins

Hello ILLMUZIK community, am i glad i found you guys to get some feedback on my beats as i've been struggling to achieve this using plain soundcloud. Would appreciate if guys could let me know what you think of this beat which i've created using Maschine MK3 and some vinyl samples.

csbr

Gardener
@TinyMargins I'm on laptop speakers so won't comment on the mix. But as far as musicality and arrangement go I think this track was fire. I loved the chops you did. I think the arrangement of the track is very logical and well thought out. And I definitely enjoyed listening to it.. Very chill vibe.

TinyMargins

@TinyMargins I'm on laptop speakers so won't comment on the mix. But as far as musicality and arrangement go I think this track was fire. I loved the chops you did. I think the arrangement of the track is very logical and well thought out. And I definitely enjoyed listening to it.. Very chill vibe.
Wow thank you! I do believe you should not expect much from mixing or mastering on this one to be honest as i am just a beginner and still in the process of learning basics. Thanks again for such encouraging words they are greatly appreciated!

Rodas

I don't even know
Battle Points: 43
Okay so I went a bit outside of my usual stuff but I think it came out decent to say the least xD

Check out the previous beats if you want to and have time, both beats I uploaded recently were in the Battle That (sadly didn't make it past round 1, oh well better luck next time)

Feedback time.
@Echo Lair I like it. The drum drop and second riff coming in is really nice but I'm not feeling that kick-snare combo at all. I don't know if it's because the snare has too much reverb for me but something is just off. I'd also try to mess around with some EQ since you're working with samples to try and give the song a different feel throughout. Maybe even try putting the guitar in mono for a section. But I like what you went for and if you get an MC in there then it's just some minor adjustments (I'd change the snare or tone down the reverb at least).

@Type Beats Okay, first one, I'm not really feeling but it's down to taste. However you should really get a different synth rocking and some drum variations. The beat is kind of boring as is, no offence. Second one I like way more, you have a clear distinction between sections and everything is growing into the hook. Hats are too loud and I can't hear a bass (laptop speakers) so I'd get to mixing to make this sound even better :) One "problem" I have is that both are really long beats, you could probably get away with cutting them at around 2:00-2:30

@csbr 1st clap is too quiet but I like the intro, I'm a sucker for long ass intros lol. The lead and "backup" synths are also a bit too loud in the mix IMO. Then again, I might say that the entire mix is way too loud and everything seems to be "pumping" at the same time, which also makes the drums sound "weaker". One more thing I'd try to do is to blend your drums with the snare rolls better, they seem too quiet sometimes, other times too loud and the panning is all over the place (laptop speakers and I can notice it)

@TinyMargins We've all been there bruh, you chose a great place to get some feedback. The ILL community is great and there's a lot of cats who make great music and can give you some tips even as you increase your skills. Now to your song. Drum banging was off beat but I love that you didn't quantise, keep practicing, that's how the shit's done. The mixing is not good but it's not unbearable to hear. I know everyone said this to you already but study music like it's a school subject. There's a million tutorials on youtube and you have a good head start over most beginners with that Maschine of yours. It's a powerful little bastard. I'd say focus on that piece of equipment but don't disregard mixing because it is a skill that can be more useful than beat making in the long run. Sound selection could be a bit better, you need to try and fit other sounds to see if they go better together than what you have. Also where's the bass? This track is crying for a warm bass that is really present in the mix, I'd give it "priority" over the sample honestly (meaning I'd make the song revolve around the bass instead of the sample). But keep on working, as I said, check yt for some maschine tutorials, learn to use that motherf' like it's a part of your body.

K.D.R.

@Rodas nice beat, I think quite fun to rap on. I would maybe pull lows a little bit louder, but that's just my preference.

@TinyMargins nice vibe, some J.Cole/Kendrick Lamar type of vibe. I think mixing can be done better, especially drums. That snare reverb is a bit muddy i think, and the main snare/kick are a bit loud.

@csbr awesome intro/melody. These synth saw chords are quite sharp though on the ears, maybe EQ the highs a bit on that one. But the rhythm/vibe are awesome.

Here is my thing below:

Silq_Magno

Silq_Magno

Nice swing to it
Aloha!
Here is a beat I have been working on during the first days of the new year. I found a handful of cool guitar licks and added my own beat and a bass groove.

@ConspiracyMuzik Really like the vibes and sound scapes, pads, ... . for my taste the kick and snare could be a bit more in the front.
@Alejandro good pounding kick. sounds dark. maybe add some rises / drops for transistions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online