Sticky Show Your Setup!

It's the MK3 Mini and I love the little guy. The Kali's are just as good as the Yammy's and offer an excellent value for bedroom producers! The LP-6's I purchased new and can go down to 40hz only so you'll need a subwoofer to hear and feel those lower frequencies. I'd also recommend getting bass traps and acoustic foam panels to help with diffusing sound waves.
I have the IN-8's, I really like them, but to really be able to hear the real lows I also need a sub. I like your colour scheme, looks dope.

V.J. Retro

The silent beat assassin
I have a rubik's cube too :ROFLMAO:

Sweet set up. How many years are we looking at here? (spare bedroom turned studio?)
Thanks man. It's only been a year since I had this setup. I recently updated it since it since then. XD

PXL_20231014_222057468.MP.jpg

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
You don't really mix on those speakers do you? lol
I have the MPK mini as well...nice little controller. Pads are not the best but it gets the job done.
Yeah, I do. Those are the JBL 104 BT which are pretty good if you just want a pair of reference speakers that won't break the bank. I also use a pair Sennheisser HD 400 PRO and Audio-Technica M20x headphones, alongside the HoRNet VHS headphone correction VST.

VVS

Banned
Battle Points: 133
Yeah, I do. Those are the JBL 104 BT which are pretty good if you just want a pair of reference speakers that won't break the bank. I also use a pair Sennheisser HD 400 PRO and Audio-Technica M20x headphones, alongside the HoRNet VHS headphone correction VST.

If you're in the market for budget mid-range monitors, I highly recommend the Kali Audio LP-6 v2. They usually sell for $400 a pair. Funny you mentioned a headphone correction VST. I recently bought CLA Nx which is similar to the HoRNet VST but offers head tracking via webcam (you have to try it to understand how good this feature is). From my personal experience this plugin has been a game changer for me since I can mix properly using my headphones (I use the HD6XX).

Dusty B

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 37
If you're in the market for budget mid-range monitors, I highly recommend the Kali Audio LP-6 v2. They usually sell for $400 a pair. Funny you mentioned a headphone correction VST. I recently bought CLA Nx which is similar to the HoRNet VST but offers head tracking via webcam (you have to try it to understand how good this feature is). From my personal experience this plugin has been a game changer for me since I can mix properly using my headphones (I use the HD6XX).

Cheers, I'll jot those down whenever I'm shopping for a pair. Eventually I plan to mount a pair wide in the corner of the room. If I did a pano of my office, you'll see it's all windows and I'll never get proper acoustics without killing the vibe of the room, hence my decision to go with reference speakers plus a couple pair of headphones. I'm usually making music >10pm when my kids are sleeping. If I ever make money consistently off my hobby, I'll probably move down to the basement or redo my garage to have a dedicated "studio."

FYI for anyone interested, I've been reading through and engaging with this community, seems to be a lot of knowledge being shared and a good place to chat with audiophiles before spending too much on gear: https://www.reddit.com/r/mixingmastering/wiki/gear/#wiki_monitors

Reactions: VVS

members online