Sample Swap

New to the site so delete if this is not cool.

Want to start a sample swap post on the forum?

Think its the right sized community to mess around with the idea over here. Maybe less regulated also?

<3

New to the site so delete if this is not cool.

Want to start a sample swap post on the forum?

Think its the right sized community to mess around with the idea over here. Maybe less regulated also?

<3
Samples take a lot of hardwork (digging, researching artists who produce particular sounds, finding similar artists to ones you already like) ect, ect. So after going to all that work I would be surprised if producers would just share samples unless they were giving away their sub-par stuff which is not good enough for the final cut on any project.

If your keen on sharing material that has the potential to be sampled then that's a different story. I can share quality vinyl rips (soul, funk, jazz, prog/psych rock as well as obscure foreign stuff and random soundtrack stuff. Can also trade/sell basslines on their own or make up packs. These are basslines that have been removed from records.

Yep thats been the M.O. for me for the better half of my life, and im still always 100% down to share my hard work with people! Pretty much anybody who seems inspired in real-life, or anyone down to trade thru 'da ether. Creative inspiration is what samples represent to me, and giving that inspiration free of charge to inspired people will pay for itself to somebody, somehow. More music in the world from people with good ideas is whats up.

What kinds of samples might you be into Noble? What kind of music are you trying to make?

I always delete bullshit samples, and label the better samples as to appear first in the folder chronologically. Renamed most of my folders according to type, style, quality or a combination of the three. And have a large 90 gig un-touched folder full of packs (purchased or traded) that Ive done heavy research on my dude. Every pack is useful in some way. Im on my fourth iteration of completely uprooting my 3-400 gigs and doing the above^^^ every years or so.

If you use Ableton, I have some wicked tools all across the board.

members online