Recycle slaving

Max200g

Battle Points: 6
Changing the master tempo in Reason Essentials does nothing to the tempo of the actual sample. The sample sounds the same, only the length of time taken to play the sample is changed. Either the loop does not complete (high tempo,) or there is dead air after the sample when the loop completes (slow tempo.) Hope this is clear.

Max200g

The only chopping is a full bar or two from an entire song. I record the part of a song I want, usually 3 or 5 seconds, with Audio Hijack. Then I convert the mp3 to wav and finally perfect the loop I'm after in Recycle. That clip, if you disregard the Tracy Morgan dialog, is just a drum loop from one song and a horn loop from another.

thedreampolice

A backwards poet writes inverse.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 21

Max200g

yea thats why its not working, you need to slice the loop in recycle based on transients not bars. Basically a rex file will trigger at every slice point in time with the tempo in reason. So if you have one slice your loop will pretty much always be out of time. Rechop it correctly in recycle and that should fix your problem. See this http://www.propellerheads.se/products/recycle/index.cfm?fuseaction=get_article&article=howto_2
Gonna try that. Question: why does Propellerhead instruction page say use Recycle with NN-XT in Reason? I'm using DrOctoRex.

Max200g

No go. My drum loop with 21 slices in Recycle still playing at original 96 bpm though it says 120 bpm in Reason.

Max200g

Spoke too soon. Seems to be working as long as I see slices in DROctoRex waveform window. Good call!

Max200g

Had to fumble with sensitivity to get rid of choppy playback, but I think the problem is solved.

members online