Portable Audio Interface

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
My new macbook arrived today so I'm looking to get a new portable audio interface that I can carry around with it. It's got to be USB and ideally I want 2x2 in/out, it can be more but I don't need them. The mbox mini is the obvious choice and the one I'll probably go for just wondered if anyone could recommend any others? The Apogee Duet also looks nice but is probably a bit expensive...

daproduct

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
mbox = suck. unless your really dying to use pro tools le. id recommend you pick up a firewire interface given youve got a macbook. apogees duet, or even one of m-audios firepro 610's all offer fairly nice converters and electronics for the low price end of the market, along with appropriate I/O for recording.

UNORTHODOX

Father Timeless
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 44

MarkN

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 55
Yeah as thedreampolice pointed out I have a macbook (not pro) so it has no firewire, my current soundcard (M-Audio 1814) is FW which is why I'm changing, I also want something smaller so I can carry it around with my laptop.
I use Record now for my audio stuff but I've used Pro Tools for years so it wouldn't be a bad thing having it.

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Also he has a Macbook dude so he has no firewire port.
Which MacBooks dont support FW???..... cuz mine has it.

**EDIT**
I just visited Apples site, it appears they removed the FW port from the newer macbook's the fuck?!

Shonsteez

Gurpologist
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
Yeah man, i dont really visit apple anymore for whats good on their new models since I aint gonna be able to afford a new for a while....But i did stop by a while back and checked the new macbooks when they came out, just didnt notice they removed FW tho, thats fuckin wack. So stupid IMO. Id rather remove ethernet or the mini dv instead since theres still a good deal of devices that utilize FW.

daproduct

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
yeah no shit eh? im glad to be in the boat thats got the old ass macbook then just a damn shame it overheats when i play games on it lol. i swear i thought mac was going to take firewire til the death!

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
well... from a mbox hater, the mbox 3 is fucking sick... got mine today. Got the mbox 3 pro, which is firewire, but from the ppl I know who have a regular Mbox 3, it is still nasty. I like the inserts on the pro and the limiters(as long as u know how to record without clipping) on the pro, but otherwise the regular should work for u for vocals.

Haze47

THE URBAN ARCHEOLOGIST
ill o.g.
i got an Emu USB 0202 for my laptop..... i like it, i like EMUs products.... if you want a tad more got for the EMU 0404.... i recommend both, i got the old emulator x 1820 for my main rig.... lush as....

safe

Step Soprano

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
i got an Emu USB 0202 for my laptop..... i like it, i like EMUs products.... if you want a tad more got for the EMU 0404.... i recommend both, i got the old emulator x 1820 for my main rig.... lush as....

safe

pretty sure emu soundcards aren't compatible with Mac's.

members online