one of my songs in a movie

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 1
one of my songs was approved for an independent film due to be released by this summer. the only thing is the contract states that the song will be a donation in return for credits in the movie. so i won`t make a dime on this. this is the companies 3rd movie so far. they have distribution in L A , Philly, NY, and blockbuster video stores as well as mom & pop stores. me and the producer have established some sort of relationship lately, so i look at this as a positive move even though there is no money involved.

so tell me, what do yall think?

HCTarks

Wax Mangler
ill o.g.
dope shit, congrats.. that kind of exposure is worth a free song

Ash Holmz

The Bed-Stuy Fly Guy
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 207
dope man its sall good!!! im making similiar moves where im not making a dime off jump but my name gets out there and i network wit more cats...good shit dun!! man im lookin to get sum tracks out to movie companies..... any advice???

tricky spinz

Dead Man Walkin
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 12
thats cool man. exposure is always good in any form. especially if the flick is any good, and people go to see it, and they hear your beat on it, and say, wow, thats the shit. and stick around to see who it was by. good luck with that

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
thanks for da love fam. i haven`t signed anything yet. i`m holding the contract as we speak. today i have been lookig into the publishing aspect of it. i talked to a few people and even ASCAP and they said the same thing big d is saying. i`m not a full member of ASCAP yet, but my app is being procseesd as we speak. however i do have my publishing name. just haven`t received the full package yet. but fo sure thats worth negotiating. besides it aint final till i sign on the dotted line.

Muzik

SouthBound
ill o.g.
Nas yo!!!! Luv ya shit!!! hope you make it big time!!! just remember
when you bust in tha door make sure they dont bust you!! .. Peace..

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
there is a clause in the contract that states:
being that the song is a donation i agree not to collect any royalties or monies what so ever. i think i`m still gonna go ahead and do this. maybe some good things can happen later.
what yall think?

Muzik

SouthBound
ill o.g.
Mos Def publisity is always a good thing!!! Could be a bad thing...
just look at it like this.... whats one track yo??? LOL ..

Also tha personal satisfaction of one of ya joints being played on somethin other than "your" system....

Decibal

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Do it nas. Sign that shit. One beat for publicity is ill. You may ruin your chances with that company if you don't sign it, at least its your foot in the door headin in the right direction... If I had the opportunity, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Peace n Congrats man

dB

nas2000xl

The Ripper
ill o.g.
tru dat peeps. i think this is a done deal. me and the producer have established a relationship, and i`m gonna keep that open.
thanks for the support fam.

E

Equality 7-2521

cnat give you any advice but im quite cappable of saying....

CONGRATUFUCKINGLATIONS MATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

keep hustling

members online