November 27-30, 2012 - Comments/Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Our yearly beat battle is about to pop off! If you have any comments or questions, please reply in this thread.

INFO
Go here: https://www.illmuzik.com/battle-that-competition/
If you plan on entering, start preparing now!

*Important: Please remember to read ALL of the info/rules carefully!

SPONSORING
If you would like to help sponsor this year's battle, send me a PM.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The signups are open!

To signup:
  1. You must be logged into IllMuzik.
  2. Once you're logged in, go to the signup page.
  3. After you enter your email, it will give you the link to upload your beats.
  4. I need your email to contact you before/during/after the battle, so make sure your email is correct.
If you have any questions, either ask here or send me a PM.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The signups are closed! We reached our 16 spots. If you still want in, send me a message anyway or reply here. Sometimes people drop out so there may be a spot available at the last minute.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I'm going to push the battle back to next week instead. With the new server upgrade, it was unexpected so I haven't had time to prepare for the battle. I'll post here again with more info.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Ok..I will then upload when I return from my mini vacation....gives me time to finish this one beat.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Word.... Let's do this.

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
There already be some tom foolery going on with the votes....how the fuck are some of these beats are getting votes?

Call me an asshole....Fade already has..... BUT COME ON BRO!

BTW...dafingaz fucking murked the shit out of that beat.....

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Some very close calls on this one:

Riqrob - really feeling this one! The synths were dope, what I think could have put it over the top was louder drums and better overall mix. But really strong beat.

trimzbeatz - love it! Very hard to choose on this one, this one got my vote.

djfeedme vs. ingloriousbasterds - This was really hard to choose. Both were really good, very even. djfeedme's beat was sick!

Maknbeats

Back to Work
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 56
Damn I missed the voting for today, & there are some serious bangers!!! And im loving the variety of music too!!

Sucio your right man DaFingaz murdered that track, straight west coasting!!
Sucio you had a dope beat as expected! Pretty theatrical in my opinion.
BrianBeatz- feeling this sample!! some soulfulness for sure

Mechiebeats- that beat def rides hard, a little too hard lol my ears are about to start bleeding, jp but ii think you got a nice riding track to this if you can eq & clean up that bass!

SoberMindedMuzik- For some reason i def see common ripping this. Nice cutting

Riqrob - Love the song. I agree with what Fade said. Also I think the intro is so strong that as a listener you are expecting the beat to drop super hard! Track has a lot of potential!

MaschineMasters- Beat is dope man really feeling the energy of the track, some dope effects on the sample if that is one, or if you just made it sound like one.

Trimzbeatz- This shit goes super hard!! Like it a lot! I bet this song with a hook would change the repetitive nature, saying that I still never got bored listening. All i wanted was a break down or some sort of bridge to give it some more dynamics

Djfeedme - love the guitar on this, would check the eq and get this balanced out and will be an awesome track.

Inglorious - great sample selection, always loved this track! Like the switch up in the program before Franky bones comes back in!

Martin EZ- I like this beat a lot, i think if you were to layer your kick with a nice shortened 808, you can really make this beat knock!!!

Kuntry Kane - dark track, felt like i was about to step into a dub step video game for a minute!

Blackmarket - Drum pattern knocks and is def a nice soouthern banger, not really feeling the synth though, at least not by itself the whole time, im expecting some low bass to take over and never does!

My 2 cents. Gotta love music. holla!

Cleverwon

Paradigm P
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 74
Dafingaz joint was a BANGER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

members online