Mistaken Identiy - Funk/Nu-Disco

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
I've recently started a "Beat-Blog" on Instagram. Through my daily jams if I come up with something somewhat cool, I'll film a little video for it and post. I've been having a lot of fun figuring out camera angles, camera setting, lighting, and of course how TF to actually edit videos lol.

This particular track started out as one of those beats, but I got carried away with it, and was having quite a bit of fun. Grabbed the kick, snare, and main sample from vinyl. Pulled a few cool loops from the Maschine library - chopped, re-arranged, pitched and processed. The bass is a combination of my own recorded licks, VSTs, and stock loops from Maschine all chopped up and mashed together.

I originally had 5 different patterns from just the sample. Then wrote 12 different bass lines, and came up with 8 more by chopping together the original 12 lol.

Instagram Beat Blog

digis

This is cool man! The beat is groovy! Instagram looked very professional with the Maschine being the focal point and the strings in the back out of focus. Keep at it!

BiggChev

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 10
This is cool man! The beat is groovy! Instagram looked very professional with the Maschine being the focal point and the strings in the back out of focus. Keep at it!

Thanks @digis appreciate the feedback. Instagram is something I wanted to focus on a bit more this year. It's a lot of work, but fun to make and exercise a different style of creativity.

I've also found it helps to inspire and inform the music writing process as it forces me to think about the music in terms of "scenes."

inflated sac

Beatmaker
Battle Points: 1
I've recently started a "Beat-Blog" on Instagram. Through my daily jams if I come up with something somewhat cool, I'll film a little video for it and post. I've been having a lot of fun figuring out camera angles, camera setting, lighting, and of course how TF to actually edit videos lol.

This particular track started out as one of those beats, but I got carried away with it, and was having quite a bit of fun. Grabbed the kick, snare, and main sample from vinyl. Pulled a few cool loops from the Maschine library - chopped, re-arranged, pitched and processed. The bass is a combination of my own recorded licks, VSTs, and stock loops from Maschine all chopped up and mashed together.

I originally had 5 different patterns from just the sample. Then wrote 12 different bass lines, and came up with 8 more by chopping together the original 12 lol.

Instagram Beat Blog

Love the funky vibe. personally i would love to hear that bass nice and fattened up a bit