Sticky IllMuzik on YouTube!

Fade

Beat Scientist
Administrator
*** ill o.g. ***
Battle Points: 1
Yes, it's happening! IllMuzik on YouTube.

I've been considering this for a long time and now seems like a really good time to start making some videos. I'm aiming for a couple of videos each week and so far I have a bunch done because I'm trying to get them done weeks ahead of time.

The goal is to make a vlog of sorts but also to break it up between me talking about beats, tutorials, and just making beats.

One thing that a lot of us seasoned beat makers forget is that for a newbie it's hard to grasp what we're talking about, so with some of these videos I'm aiming them at newbies. I'm going to try and break down some of the basics and take it from there.

So when a new video is up, I'll post it in here. In the meantime, please spread the word about the IllMuzik YouTube channel! If you have any comments, go ahead and post them for each video but also reply here if you'd like.

Fade

Beat Scientist
Administrator
*** ill o.g. ***
Thanks for the subscribe!

Yes eventually it would be great to get members involved, although it depends on if they can take some good video then I could format it and post it up (as long as the video file is not too big).

Drago Zetić

Making samples and FL Studio sing.
Battle Points: 60
I think I read somewhere on this site that you DJed before you made beats. Maybe you could do something with the wheels on video? It's not exactly production related, but could be presentable. Also, commentary videos like the one you already uploaded are bound to be of great use.

Fade

Beat Scientist
Administrator
*** ill o.g. ***
hey you should make AOTB videos! :) I think that would be awesome
Actually I did that at the beginning, it was fun but now with Youtube's content id system, I'm sure they would pick up on certain samples used in the beats. So I don't think it would work.

I think I read somewhere on this site that you DJed before you made beats. Maybe you could do something with the wheels on video? It's not exactly production related, but could be presentable. Also, commentary videos like the one you already uploaded are bound to be of great use.
Yes, DJing was my first Hip Hop love so I could definitely do that.

Keep the ideas coming!

OGBama

ILLIEN
@Fade about time the forum had a YT channel and I suggest a vid about scales and chords for beginners

Fade

Beat Scientist
Administrator
*** ill o.g. ***
This is dope. If I could contribute in anyway let me know!
Thanks. Soon I'd like to get members involved with their own videos if possible. For now though to help out, please spread the word!

Fade

Beat Scientist
Administrator
*** ill o.g. ***
Why you should compete in IllMuzik's beat battles

Fade

Beat Scientist
Administrator
*** ill o.g. ***
Attention Beat Makers: Get Control of Your 808 Kick Drum!

wizard

ILLIEN
*** ill o.g. ***
Battle Points: 134
Attention Beat Makers: Get Control of Your 808 Kick Drum!

@Fade lmho what you did with the eq hahahahhhaaa

Great advice bruh!!

compressor's are fun and can be use for limiting or bringing down the volume or squashing it

Ratio: This is the set amount of gain reduction, basic if you want to drop the level this is what you would want to use
it can also be used to how much you are compressions or / squashing

Threshold: this is when the compressor turns on! what you have this set to is when it gets turn on when the signals hit the setting you set it to turn on and take action!

Release: Basically this is what tells the compressor when to stop after the threshold setting
do you want it to stop right away or not

Now gates are fun as well and work pretty much like compressors but a different signal process!!

DOPE VIDEO GOT MY LMHO!! HOW THE HECK DID YOU GET THE EQ LIKE THAT!! HAHAHAHAHAHA

Fade

Beat Scientist
Administrator
*** ill o.g. ***
@wizard Thanks for the feedback. Great explanation too about compression. Ya gates are very useful too although I think compression is best for this example. EQ though LOL ya it just turned out that way!

Members online

Latest Beat It Up! Results
Beat #3
13 votes
Beat #1
1 votes
Beat #2
1 votes

dope articles