If Eminem released an album with 90s beats...

• beat this! voting starts in...

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
I think it would pull only the niche and ultrafans.

I do believe a change and shift is due. Dunno how or what.
The concerning thing is today's obsession with being clones; when there was less social media and Internet, there were more locations for different things to emerge. But now we're one global community everyone is just copying the one same thing.

Iron Keys

ILLIEN MBAPPÉ
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 544
You would be surprised how many youngers actually like older style beats and stuff tho. And I mean modern youngsters, those into their trap and drill.

There's definitely an angle for it to work. But people are still obsessed with the mumbly tattoo faced moody unintelligent teenage princess vibes from their male rappers.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
I agree with @Iron Keys. It would definitely attract the older heads but of course that fact that he has so many fans it would attract a lot of attention. I can see fans thinking this is some new style of music lol.

But yeah there needs to be some sort of shift because there are too many clones for sure and that's why so much sounds the same. It's boring but also tiring.

I vote for bringing back the funny rappers and also New Jack Swing!

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
R&B @Fade @Iron Keys could definitely use some New Jack Swing as I can't take the nasal/breathy female non singers dealing in vibes only to make up for lack of vocal talent on some "I'ma fuck someone else 'cause my old dude got a new bitch" energy which is just as lame as the new singer dudes on the "failed rapper" vibe masquerading as R&B.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
New Jack Swing @Dusty B sounds like

start with Teddy Riley, groups like Guy, Basic Black, Today, solo acts like Samuelle, Jeff Redd, etc.

Leopard Cohen

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 18
Example of New Jack Swing - Motownphilly

I was never a big Eminem fan, but there are some good recent(ish) examples of newer tracks that use old school beats.

Hail Mary Mallon has two that I can think of: