Hey Hey

kaz2284

Hey everyone I'm Kaz. I am completely new to beatmaking and have less than a month under my belt right now but have been having a blast learning so far. What led me to give beat making a try was a mix of inspiration from watching freestyle videos and general unhappiness with how I was spending my free time. Beat making has already helped fill a void I was feeling and it is awesome that at the end of day I can have something tangible that I created.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and hearing what you've cooked up. Thanks for letting me join!

unaufadox

ILLIEN
Hey everyone I'm Kaz. I am completely new to beatmaking and have less than a month under my belt right now but have been having a blast learning so far. What led me to give beat making a try was a mix of inspiration from watching freestyle videos and general unhappiness with how I was spending my free time. Beat making has already helped fill a void I was feeling and it is awesome that at the end of day I can have something tangible that I created.

I look forward to getting to know everyone and hearing what you've cooked up. Thanks for letting me join!
Welcome to the world of music production!

I hear what you are saying about being unhappy with how you were spending time.....I used to play Formula 1 racing online on the xbox. I was practising racing for about an hour each evening, getting ready for a race according to the real life F1 racing schedule.

Once I'd completed the season, I thought man...what could I do for an hour every day (instead) that would help my music business and increase my skills as a producer?? It was playing the bass guitar! So I sold my racing wheel and most of my games, bought a bass guitar and an online bass academy membership and never looked back. One of the best decisions in my life.

It is such a big and vast world you have opened up for yourself. One which is full of 'ah ha' moments and satisfying achievements.

Always try to enjoy the ride ! It is not always straight forward.

kaz2284

Welcome to the world of music production!

I hear what you are saying about being unhappy with how you were spending time.....I used to play Formula 1 racing online on the xbox. I was practising racing for about an hour each evening, getting ready for a race according to the real life F1 racing schedule.

Once I'd completed the season, I thought man...what could I do for an hour every day (instead) that would help my music business and increase my skills as a producer?? It was playing the bass guitar! So I sold my racing wheel and most of my games, bought a bass guitar and an online bass academy membership and never looked back. One of the best decisions in my life.

It is such a big and vast world you have opened up for yourself. One which is full of 'ah ha' moments and satisfying achievements.

Always try to enjoy the ride ! It is not always straight forward.
Thanks for the welcome. My time sink was gaming as well playing World of Warcraft so I was throwing countless hours away.

unaufadox

ILLIEN
Thanks for the welcome. My time sink was gaming as well playing World of Warcraft so I was throwing countless hours away.
It was a lot of fun at the time though. I have great memories. At the start of the new season I sat there like...am I up for another 12 months of this, or could I be doing more for music???

World of Warcraft...I have heard about that. It has a huge following right? A massive community. I definitely see how you could get lost in that world...although music is the same haha beware !

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Whats Up Hello GIF

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @kaz2284 you came to the right community, what genre(s) of beats are you interested in making and who are your fave producers and who are you listening to?

Unlike gaming, music making doesn’t have to be expensive in today’s era. Don’t get GAS

kaz2284

Welcome @kaz2284 you came to the right community, what genre(s) of beats are you interested in making and who are your fave producers and who are you listening to?

Unlike gaming, music making doesn’t have to be expensive in today’s era. Don’t get GAS
At this stage it's hard to say what type of beats I really want to make because I have such a wide range of musical interests.

I have to be honest I don't really know much about producers at this point because it wasn't something that had really crossed my until a few weeks ago when I became interested in beat making.

As far as what I'm listening to I just toss on random youtube playlists throughout the day from different genres so sometimes It'll be metalcore stuff followed up with like 90/2000's hip hop or top 40 stuff just all depends on the mood I'm in.