Hello

Keef

so hi all.

I'm an old-school musician (guitar, bass) fed up with the fact that it's really hard to find people to jam with live nowadays, so I thought I must try to learn to make music all by myself... so that brought me here. I'm into jazzy, moody, trippy music. I've really avoided learning any DAW because usually someone else has been taking care of that side whenever recording,mixing,etc. So I really am out of my safe area here.

I bought the cheapo edition of FL Studio yesterday. Was shocked that it doesn't really have any of the stuff that was included in the trial version (like drum kits). So my first question would be where to find some good and reliable sources for sounds!? Do people usually use something like a ready-made drum soundkit for beats, or do you have to make the sounds with a drum synth (like the ones included in FL)? I would just like to start out with pre-made sounds that I can load up into the Channel Rack and go from there...?

Thanks! :up2: I'll be asking a lot more questions in the near future :rolleyes:

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
Welcome!

For FL Studio, I haven't used it in years but you can definitely add sounds then just create from there. For example, with drums. I did that all the time.

Here's some drums kits I listed a while back. I'm sure you'll find plenty of stuff in there.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @Keef and how long have you been making music?