Good morning

• beat this! voting starts in...

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Welcome @otck2shea0sh3a and are you reppin' KCMO or KCK and what's your musical backstory?

Welcome @otck2shea0sh3a and are you reppin' KCMO or KCK and what's your musical backstory?
KCMO/Independence, i just be making beats from my bedroom lol. when i was little i was always into music. My dad was a military dude and my mom passed when i was little. He was always listening to his old school rap and rnb. I used to record it and try to remix it on my 3ds my cousin gave me. my dad was kinda anti computer and his wife was anti music when i started writing songs. fast forward i would kinda make beats in class or do some crappy rap songs with friends. i graduated early n shi in december 22 and was gonna do some hvac shi and just kinda forget but my dad kicked me out for blowing tree so i was homeless for a bit. I threw my whole sack away so id have somewhere to stay lol. to pass the time id make beats on my phone using garageband but its always just kinda been lightwork. i left the shelter i was at and found a place to stay with an old friend whos parents of sorts let me use some their equipment and got me a VI61 for my bday. i wanted to use it a lot at first but was kinda procastinating abt getting on my computer until i found out the fl trial can export. Now im just tryna make a beat or two a day now that i have some more things. music has always been the way i express things, and it brings me lots of joy when a beat just comes together. So yeah, thats kinda where im at now. just tryna do some shi that makes me happy and learn along the way. Making beats and like actually finishing them and shutting out distractions has just made me more positive overall. I get to do sumn i never thought id be able to, i came here bc it seemed like a good place to take criticism and maybe see whats poppin rn. my youtube was autoplaying and it had that producer grind podcast with timbaland or sum1 on it and he was like the best or first thing 2 do is find a community. And tbh it sounds kinda cringe to think abt just bc of how people are but like being in a geniune place to share ideas sounded very appealing. I figure i have a lot to learn here and maybe if I keep going i can make something of what i enjoy. im thinking for my next beat i just wanna get all kinds of sounds from the real world to add texture n shi, and some light worke like a spoon and a glass etc.

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Since @otck2shea0sh3a you rep KCMO and you picked up ya Dad's listening habits (hopefully) peep these dudes who came outta KCMO

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
Stick @otck2shea0sh3a with GarageBand and don't worry about its limitations. Peep on YT "L.Dre," "Seneca Tyree," "ReKeJe," "travdidthat," "JayDoubL" for tutorials.

my dad would listen to some old school rap too. the stuff he was playing is way before my time lol. Hed listen to some more recent stuff that was kinda popping then (im thinking like 08-12) and old school rnb . my uncles would listen to chris brown and the rap shi around then. his friends (my dads) would listen to jay z n shi. i remeber he used to play hole in the wall music when i was in middle school lmao. draggin that wagonnn
when i was in the city last year i had a roomate who collected hella old records n shi he had some bloodstone on vinyl.
i think my dad used to listen to the grand jury band (that second song) i lowkey forgot abt them lol. ts makes me wanna call him up and ask him abt some songs from his time.

Stick @otck2shea0sh3a with GarageBand and don't worry about its limitations. Peep on YT "L.Dre," "Seneca Tyree," "ReKeJe," "travdidthat," "JayDoubL" for tutorials.
you heard of busyworksbeats lmao i think him and l. dre hd some kinda issue or sumn. theres this dude called weaver beats on yt and he has this sound on twitch for donations and its just someone saying "hey busy" and its hilarious

OGBama

Big Clit Energy
yeah my goal was to get to logic after i got used to garageband but ive been using the FL trial just to get used to it. with fl i feel like its the best way to get something out of my head to the speakers.
for a while i would just have beat tutorials on autoplay lol and see but not really get the context of the video. when i seen snapp makes beats he made me wanna get on fl and actually use it. he was very direct and to the point and didnt like overexplain or nothing. he does random beat ideas that r goofy but u bop ur head to em. now when i hear music i just start running to my room for fl. \

ive been putting music for a friend of mine on usb sticks hes like 50 sumn, and he listens to just rock and roll and pop rock so ive got a bunch of that type stuff on my computer. i do find it kinda cringe that someone would play good vibrations, but i cant be mad at him cause that songs groovy lol.