Did I get played?

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 138
So I got in contact with a guy that claims he is with bricksquad monopoly. He called me we had a conversation about music and getting my beats placed. I believe he is affiliated with southside of 808 mafia.

Long story short I sent him 5 beats and 500$ for him to help me. Now it seems to good to be true, but I looked at it like a investment in myself and put my trust in dude! Any advice from IllMuzik fan . Please respond back. Did I make a mistake??

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
How did you connect? Because I never really trusted stuff like that. I know of a website that puts you in touch with some people in the industry through conferences but who knows with this guy.

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
How did you connect? Because I never really trusted stuff like that. I know of a website that puts you in touch with some people in the industry through conferences but who knows with this guy.
On twitter awhile back. Had a video posted with southside talkin about new wav of producers. So I emailed him,, then months later he emailed back and I gave him my number. Said he can help me get placements

tomkillsjerry

ILLIEN
Battle Points: 128
who is he? did he have a gmail or a legit email? if its anything but @1017bricksquad.com they got you.
Never hand over money with out some kind of documentation.
heres a standard contract. I had to fill out w-9's and all that its a hassle but its better than the IRS coming in a cleaning out your bank account lol

Attachments

• 273055711-Sample-Producer-Contract-Royalty-Bearing-Work-for-Hire.pdf
    182.6 KB · Views: 147

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
who is he? did he have a gmail or a legit email? if its anything but @1017bricksquad.com they got you.
Never hand over money with out some kind of documentation.
heres a standard contract. I had to fill out w-9's and all that its a hassle but its better than the IRS coming in a cleaning out your bank account lol
It’s @ yahoo.com. Calls himself “sleep” he got me bro. I’m super bummed out about this, but it’s a learning lesson.

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
It’s @ yahoo.com. Calls himself “sleep” he got me bro. I’m super bummed out about this, but it’s a learning lesson.
The reason I thought he was about business is because he had a legit video of him with frenchie and southside talking about finding new wav of Producers . He sent me a video of him with shek wes. I thought I had a chance,but I’m pretty sure he got me. It is what it is ‍♂️

Wesbeats

ILLIEN
aint shit you can do i mean $500 i might have tracked sleep down and laid him to rest haha. but yea just keep on movin. if your beats are dope you'll find your way through the noise. anything like this comes up again hit me up anytime on here or twitter @ tomkillsjerry
lol I appreciate ya man I’ll give ya a follow