Interviews Deez Beatz Talks Beats and Industry Promotion

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
deez1000.jpg

Deez Beatz has been on a roll as of late. He won the Attack of the Beats! as well as back-to-back Beat This! Competitions. Of course, I had to know what his secret is so I asked him a few questions. Check it out...

So what's Beatz Eternal Music?

Beatz Eternal Music is my brainchild. I started B.E. Music in 2009, I wanted to create a music production company that can provide music for many different genres. That's when I decided that I wanted to be more than a beatmaker.

You've been on a roll as of late, winning a couple of Beat This! Competitions. What's your secret?

There is no secret, I just think the voters and listeners need to hear more than just beats. They needed melodies along with the beat, it's called production and that's what I create - music.

What I've noticed about your beats is that they're just tight. Meaning, they're well put together. Walk us through your typical beatmaking process.

Well I do things a little backwards. Meaning while most producers start with creating the beat first, I create the melody first then start building a beat around the melody.

How would you describe your sound? Because you do Trap but you also have a hint of something else in there.

I really don't have a particular style, because I'm influenced by several different styles of music, I tend to try and incorporate those styles in my track. Styles such as Jazz, EDM, Pop, Ambient, R&B, Soul, Hip Hop and Trap and Trapstep. I like to take my music to the edge and see how the listeners react to it.

On "Stratosphere", you bring some smooth vibes to the listener. I especially like the overall melody. How did you create that beat?

Believe it or not, I was sitting in my recliner looking out the window and it was raining and I just heard this melody in my head that seems to go with the rainy day and there was lightning and thunder as well. So I went over to my keyboard and tried to find that certain sound. One thing led to another and boom!!!! A new track...

What do you currently have in your studio setup?

My set up at home consist of not much... I have Native Instruments 10 for my VST plug-in, Reaper 5 and Music Studio 10 for my DAWs. My headphones are Audio Technicas, then I use the interface Focusrite, and I use 2 different keyboards (M-Audio 88 and the Akai MPK 249. For my beats I use the Akai MPC Touch and for speakers I use M-Audio BX5's. And that's it for at home and yes I need a serious upgrade but it does the job for now. The other studio I use is in the mountains and secluded and a great view. A place where you can really get those creative juices flowing. I went in half with my in-law in getting that studio put together... It has all kind of goodies. This is where I turn a profit with my music, doing productions for singers and rappers and also band projects.

There are tons of beatmakers out there trying to get in the game and sell their beats. I know you're doing well on that front. Do you have any advice?

My advice on selling beats is to promote yourself every minute, every hour, everyday... tell anybody who will listen about what you do, where they can find your music. Use your social media outlets, tweet, FB posts, Instagram, etc. Do this every day even if you only can spare 5 minutes, use that 5 minutes to promote your music. And paying a company that specializes in not only music promotion but also being able to promote your brand.

Being a producer, it is very important to have and promote your brand name more than your DJ name. For some reason I tend to get 20% more sales with my brand "Beatz Eternal Music or B.E. Music" as opposed to using my stage name Deez Beatz "Da Wizard". And good old word of mouth is still a powerful promotion tool.

What are some of the issues you've had with those that want to buy your beats?

The only real issue that I've been dealing with is buyers who want me to make stems of my track but want a real low rate... that just doesn't work out for me as far as making stems or basically a construction kit, that's not easy work and I only am willing to do that for an exclusive sale but not a non exclusive.

I see that you're always working on something and making mixtapes. Do you have anything new coming up soon?

Yes, I do. I'm working on my new mixtape project titled "Hell To Pay Volume 2", expected to drop in August 2017. Vol. 1 was the catapult for everybody involved on that project. It did really well on a lot of mixtape sites. Go here to check out "Hell To Pay Volume 1". This mixtape will show all of the dope talent that "B.E. Music" and also my associate brand in south Memphis "C.T.F. Entertainment" has to offer.

Thanks for doing the interview. Do you have any advice for other producers looking to improve?

The key to becoming a good producer is to not be stuck in just one style of music. Versatility is the key and not sounding like all of the other beatmakers, find your own style and perfect it. Originality always gets more attention.

More Information About Deez Beatz

View attachment 4642

Deez Beatz has been on a roll as of late. He won the Attack of the Beats! as well as back-to-back Beat This! Competitions. Of course, I had to know what his secret is so I asked him a few questions. Check it out...

So what's Beatz Eternal Music?

Beatz Eternal Music is my brainchild. I started B.E. Music in 2009, I wanted to create a music production company that can provide music for many different genres. That's when I decided that I wanted to be more than a beatmaker.

You've been on a roll as of late, winning a couple of Beat This! Competitions. What's your secret?

There is no secret, I just think the voters and listeners need to hear more than just beats. They needed melodies along with the beat, it's called production and that's what I create - music.

What I've noticed about your beats is that they're just tight. Meaning, they're well put together. Walk us through your typical beatmaking process.

Well I do things a little backwards. Meaning while most producers start with creating the beat first, I create the melody first then start building a beat around the melody.

How would you describe your sound? Because you do Trap but you also have a hint of something else in there.

I really don't have a particular style, because I'm influenced by several different styles of music, I tend to try and incorporate those styles in my track. Styles such as Jazz, EDM, Pop, Ambient, R&B, Soul, Hip Hop and Trap and Trapstep. I like to take my music to the edge and see how the listeners react to it.

On "Stratosphere", you bring some smooth vibes to the listener. I especially like the overall melody. How did you create that beat?

Believe it or not, I was sitting in my recliner looking out the window and it was raining and I just heard this melody in my head that seems to go with the rainy day and there was lightning and thunder as well. So I went over to my keyboard and tried to find that certain sound. One thing led to another and boom!!!! A new track...

What do you currently have in your studio setup?

My set up at home consist of not much... I have Native Instruments 10 for my VST plug-in, Reaper 5 and Music Studio 10 for my DAWs. My headphones are Audio Technicas, then I use the interface Focusrite, and I use 2 different keyboards (M-Audio 88 and the Akai MPK 249. For my beats I use the Akai MPC Touch and for speakers I use M-Audio BX5's. And that's it for at home and yes I need a serious upgrade but it does the job for now. The other studio I use is in the mountains and secluded and a great view. A place where you can really get those creative juices flowing. I went in half with my in-law in getting that studio put together... It has all kind of goodies. This is where I turn a profit with my music, doing productions for singers and rappers and also band projects.

There are tons of beatmakers out there trying to get in the game and sell their beats. I know you're doing well on that front. Do you have any advice?

My advice on selling beats is to promote yourself every minute, every hour, everyday... tell anybody who will listen about what you do, where they can find your music. Use your social media outlets, tweet, FB posts, Instagram, etc. Do this every day even if you only can spare 5 minutes, use that 5 minutes to promote your music. And paying a company that specializes in not only music promotion but also being able to promote your brand.

Being a producer, it is very important to have and promote your brand name more than your DJ name. For some reason I tend to get 20% more sales with my brand "Beatz Eternal Music or B.E. Music" as opposed to using my stage name Deez Beatz "Da Wizard". And good old word of mouth is still a powerful promotion tool.

What are some of the issues you've had with those that want to buy your beats?

The only real issue that I've been dealing with is buyers who want me to make stems of my track but want a real low rate... that just doesn't work out for me as far as making stems or basically a construction kit, that's not easy work and I only am willing to do that for an exclusive sale but not a non exclusive.

I see that you're always working on something and making mixtapes. Do you have anything new coming up soon?

Yes, I do. I'm working on my new mixtape project titled "Hell To Pay Volume 2", expected to drop in August 2017. Vol. 1 was the catapult for everybody involved on that project. It did really well on a lot of mixtape sites. Go here to check out "Hell To Pay Volume 1". This mixtape will show all of the dope talent that "B.E. Music" and also my associate brand in south Memphis "C.T.F. Entertainment" has to offer.

Thanks for doing the interview. Do you have any advice for other producers looking to improve?

The key to becoming a good producer is to not be stuck in just one style of music. Versatility is the key and not sounding like all of the other beatmakers, find your own style and perfect it. Originality always gets more attention.

More Information About Deez Beatz
@Fade, thanks for the interview. I appreciate it

Members online