Come Out to Play - InsideOutBeats Drum and Bass Remix 2023

This sounds so much like the drum and bass I was making when I first started its uncanny. I would suggest adding a delay into the mix, you can then echo out certain words to fill empty space. A stereo delay set to either 1/4 or 1/2 with ping pong mode on its own bus, then you can either automate the send, or put the words you wish to repeat on their own channel and then send that to the delay, this saves you from automating the send level and its what I usually do. Another technique to prevent you from getting a washed out vocal is to put a side chained compressor on the delay thats triggered by the vocal, so it ducks the echoes and only allows the echoes to come through once the vocal drops and the echoes can kick in and fill the empty space, this also works with reverbs. Its a more advanced technique that I also use a lot. Putting delays and reverbs and other fx on their own busses and then sending to them provides the most flexibility with the least amount on processing power. You can also cut below 500 to 600hz on the delays and reverbs to clean up the low end as low end and reverb dont play very nicely together. Having bass frequencies echoing will created phase issues and dips where the waveforms cancel each other out and it will also muddy up the low end.
My only other suggestion is its missing the deep low end, its got the drums, just need the bass. Side chained compression is very important in drum and bass, and right now is the perfect time for you to learn that specific subject, Id get on youtube and watch as many videos as it takes to get to grips with the concept, and find ways to do it using your mpc.
Do you track out to a DAW at all at any point? Or just keep it in the MPC?

Thanks for that detailed feedback @2GooD Productions! Excellent, I will be studying more, I’ve listened to plenty of yours knowing my drum and bass is currently pretty basic. Lots to learn here and will be going for more in the near future, enjoying mixing it up at the moment.

Yeah man I’m still doing everything in the Mpc right up-to the mix and exported track. Just love doing it all in the box in front of me, never had a desire to use a DAW but that’s not to say I might dabble one day.

Appreciate your time and words here very helpful, thanks.

Thanks for that detailed feedback @2GooD Productions! Excellent, I will be studying more, I’ve listened to plenty of yours knowing my drum and bass is currently pretty basic. Lots to learn here and will be going for more in the near future, enjoying mixing it up at the moment.

Yeah man I’m still doing everything in the Mpc right up-to the mix and exported track. Just love doing it all in the box in front of me, never had a desire to use a DAW but that’s not to say I might dabble one day.

Appreciate your time and words here very helpful, thanks.
Only reason I asked is because my MPC experience is non existent so might not be much help when it comes to mixing on an mpc, how its busses work and what plugins are available.

Yeah I’ve watched and learnt a fair bit and the equivalent for working busses, side chaining (Mother Ducker) and plug-ins. There is a shit ton of plugins available, so much to learn though but enjoying it so it’s all good.
I’ve got a new plugin called ‘AIR Delay Pro’ and that is sick as I’m learning what I can do with it as well as AIR Flavour Pro for transforming sounds such as Lofi, retro keys, vintage drums, vocals. Man I’ve barely scratched the surface, this music thing goes deeper and deeper!