Beat This! - August 29-30, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fade

The Beat Strangler
Administrator
illest o.g.
The next competition will be from August 29-30! See the information below.

Signups

The signups will be on August 29th at 10am ET, and end around 8pm ET, or until we have enough contestants (whichever comes first - depending on the theme). Voting will be for 1 day, on August 30th, where the results will be posted the same day.

Go here to signup (click the "signup" tab - it will open up on the signup day)

Theme: BOOM BAP

Time Limit: 2 minutes

• Your beat MUST be BOOM BAP!
You can use whatever sounds you want, samples, synths, just remember to read the rules for the rest of the restrictions. What the judges will be looking for is originality, creativity, mixing skills and overall dopeness!

Voting

If you are competing, you will be able to vote but not for yourself. DO NOT TRY TO CHEAT! I will be watching for cheaters. This means you cannot sign up under different names or get your friends and family to sign up either. If you are caught cheating you could be banned (depending on the mood I'm in).

Beats

All the beats will now be displayed in a random order and without any names. All you will see is: Beat #001, Beat #002, etc. This is so that there is no favoritism when voting.

Rules

If you're not sure about the rules, read this thread.

If you have any comments, suggestions, or questions about the competition, please post them in here.

beatthis_flyer2018082930.png

shocro

DepthBySoulProductions - DBSBeats
Battle Points: 17
Ok, never made a boom bap before (im horrible at genre producing - usually just get in, do wut feels right at time etc lmfao) but will def be entering this :) some old school sounding drums chopped up, maybe some horns, crackle vinyl sounds..I think could enter a beat thatd be considered boom bap nuff to be eligible :)

Ok, never made a boom bap before (im horrible at genre producing - usually just get in, do wut feels right at time etc lmfao) but will def be entering this :) some old school sounding drums chopped up, maybe some horns, crackle vinyl sounds..I think could enter a beat thatd be considered boom bap nuff to be eligible :)

i never could make any boom bap , i always wondered How do boom bap songs sound good and dirty . i always tried to make boom bap beats without sampling anything , that's why i sucked .
All you have to do is get a loop , put some effects like dist and reverb on it , find a sample , chop it , put the loop on it , Done .
you can add stuff to the outcome of what i said too , but the whole thing is based on this .

shocro

DepthBySoulProductions - DBSBeats
Make sure share links ;) Goal isnt just to win, but to grow, and to bring new talent and more competition ;)
@NONONSENSEBEATS dont know why i hit reply on one of your posts to say that, youre a veteran here, literally no nonsense, so that comment is obviously like NO SHIT! to you lmfao...But to all else! SHARE SHARE SHARE!

C4NTK33P5T1LL

I O U a clever tagline signed me
Battle Points: 200
Did Anyone Manage To Resist Sampling For This Battle I For One Could Not , But I Can Quit Anytime Honest I'm A Social Sampler Really , I Only Sample When I've had A Stressful Day , These Aren't My Samples I'm Just Holding On To Them For A Friend , I Once Went Through 32 Samples In One Day I Woke Up Drenched In Crackle & Stinking Of Vinyl What Was I On About Oh Yeah Boom Bap Looking Forward To This Since I Heard About It....It Will Be Extremely Good Listening & Agonisingly Difficult Voting I Predict

I made three different beats for this. Figured I would be able to pick the 1 I liked best...Nope! Cannot freakin chose lol. I like all 3 damnit.
@NONONSENSEBEATS , bruh you never lied..that is my biggest issue with every contest..if it requires one beat I make 4 and the Warzone needs 4 beats, I make 8 or 10 then confuse the hell out of myself and make a choice and then when I don't win I'm kicking myself who in the ass..coulda, woulda, shoulda...

MuzikMakerz

I make music, not beats
Forgive my ignorance but what in gods name do you guys consider "Boom Bap" o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.