Bangs!

afriquedeluxe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 221
lol i have a hunch a major is going to pick this guy up.

okay he is wack as hell, but trust me there is a hugeee market for silly music. first video has 800k+ views, once he hits a million, the majors could come knocking for that "take you to the movies" song. You heard it here first lol.

Tr3ydeeze

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
this is just like 50 cents Candy Shop

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Lol..first time I saw this I LOL'ed.

Then I was like "damn that's like the charcoaled version of William Hung"

And that dude got paid....

djjumpinjoe

ILLIEN
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 33
How many times u guys gonna post the wack shit? ..... My damn kids can make a better song then this garbage .... And he prob thinks he got somthing hot because everyone is watching his videos .... Fade can we ban bangs from ILL?

Sucio

Old and dirty...
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 304
Let the dude live....

Dude has more $ than you fucks...look @ all the jewelry he has in his videos....you know that shit aint rented.... Dude got guap from his music....

Yall just stay hatin...

they should change this name from illmuzik to illhaterz

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
When it comes to music these days, my golden rule is to either be really, really good or really bad.

With hip-hop, its not 'only' about the music anymore. It's all about doing something to generate interest. The average fan would rather take the time to listen to this guy just to say "This sucks" than they would to listen to a group like Little Brother just to say "This is good hip hop music". Why is that? Because to generate interest, you need more than good music.

When I look at the video, after a good laugh and getting past the bootleg quality of the video, my thinking is "What did this kid go through to get to this point?"
I can guarantee that he has a story that he can tell (or make up) about his homeland that might make it more interesting than some kid from the US who is recycling Jay-Z or 50 Cent's image and rhyme structure.

I can name tons of established gold/platinum artists that have never posted a video that generated a million views on YouTube. If this kid is able to come close to doing that, then there is something to observe from that and ask yourself, "how can I generate the same interest?"

Elgen

The Moose With The Most.
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 32
One of my mates getting into some Bangs earlier this month...

Attachments

• l_8151ca51fe994127a3a9eb028b8eacd9.jpg
    l_8151ca51fe994127a3a9eb028b8eacd9.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 244

Ozmosis

Sound Tight Productions
ill o.g.
Battle Points: 201
Im not trying to turn this into a social debate, but what bothers me is perception, the way he's talking and acting. He's not being himself, he trying to hard to sound and act like the so called stero typical rapper in the U.S. This is how he thinks he has to be in order to be a rapper. How many times did he say 'ya know' in the interview? The influence of rap music at its worst.

shadeed

Go Digital or Go Home
ill o.g.
Im not trying to turn this into a social debate, but what bothers me is perception, the way he's talking and acting. He's not being himself, he trying to hard to sound and act like the so called stero typical rapper in the U.S. This is how he thinks he has to be in order to be a rapper. How many times did he say 'ya know' in the interview? The influence of rap music at its worst.

That's not just with this guy but this exists in many countries outside of the US. He's not acting this way to 'be a rapper' but he's acting this way to be 'cool'. One of my mentors from my early 20's was a guy who became a millionaire selling clothes to foreigners (he was from Africa). We would discuss this topic (US image around the world) for hours.
Unfortunately, rap music is the way many people are introduced to US culture and hip hop nowadays isn't the most diverse so that's what we get nowadays.